For those of you that aren’t familiar with Nora’s blog Walking with Nora, get over there and read it! Seriously, it’s awesome. Every Thursday Nora posts her Wine & Love column about things that made her reach for a glass of wine, and the things that she loved about the week. She’s invited fellow bloggers to join her each week and post their own Wine & Love columns. Here’s mine for the week:
What kept my wine glass full:
* Our busy life. There is always something going on, and so many little things pop up during the week. I get two night each week with Oak, and they were both interrupted this week. Frowny. : (
* The Bean has had an outbreak of naughtiness. She thought it would be a good idea to bite the Tater AND chase after him with the scissors. All in the same day.
* The people of the world who can’t work a four-way stop. Seriously, I’m going to have to deal with this EVERYDAY?! Did you not pay attention in Driver’s Ed? Best one of the week: When someone else got there first, like WAY before me and then got pissed because I wouldn’t go. Try harder people, try harder.
* Whoever ran over that snapping turtle this week. I know, you may think this one is trivial, but I love turtles and I absolutely hate when they get run over. This was a GIANT snapping turtle, like the size of a garbage can lid AND on the center line. A: How do you NOT see that? And 2: Who drives on the center line? Watch the road folks!
* The heat & humidity. 86 degrees and humid? I have no interest in you unless there is a beach house involved.
What I absolutely loved about this week:
* Mother’s Day was awesome. I got sweet little drawing from the kids and a basket of flowers. Tater’s getting pretty good at drawing me and is doing really well with his writing. Beanie’s drawing was adorable, even though I looked like a banana and had a unibrow. Hilarious. I am so completely and totally in love with my little sweeties and I feel so lucky to be their mom.
* Watching the Voice. That show is seriously awesome!
* Nature. We’ve finally been able to get out and plant a few things, the martins came back and are nesting in one of our houses, and we’ve seen quite a few adult and juvenile bald eagles. Just. So. Awesome.
* Tweeting and emailing with faraway friends that I’ve never met. There are some really wonderful people out there in this big world!
* Spell check. My brain is just tired this week, so there have been quite a few spelling and grammer errors.
* Iced coffee, and lots of it.
* A good book. Marrying Mozart by Stephanie Cowell
* New shoes! A super sexy, perfect-for-summer pair of heels that are uber comfortable.
* What little time I have had with Oak this week has been great. He is so wonderfully sweet and funny and I love him so much!
So tell me, what’s driving you to drink this week and what’s keeping you sane? Have a beautiful weekend my lovelies!